12/20/08

AN EXTRA BRUSHSTROKE OR TWO

Some adjustments were made to this painting Thursday evening. The tall pillars, as well as some of the water areas, were darkened. More shadows and cracks were added to the building because I just didn't want to stop working on this painting. Some small dots of Cobalt Teal Blue were spotted here and there to add interest when viewed up close. The balcony grill work was adjusted, too, as well as that overhang above it. Gotta call it quits on this for sure or I'll fall back into my old ways of overkill. Can you see the slight differences the minor changes made? It's done.



8 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

The changes are almost imperceptible even when flipping them side-by-side as I looked at them, but the changes you made did make a difference, esp. pushing the columns back a bit with a more muted/blue color and a bit of direction in the white leading to the ladies on the pier. Beautiful!!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

I need two monitors side by side to see the differences - I know I need an appointment at the opticians after the holidays but I didnt realise it was this bad. I loved it as it was and I still love it. Its the contrasts and all the delicate colours you mix in the shadows I admire.

Ann Buckner said...

It looks even better now. By darkening some of the inner recess areas has added intrigue and brings more focus to the doorway area. Love the way you paint!

Chris Beck said...

Although the changes are pretty subtle, it's a stronger painting now. Very nice!!

Nava said...

Nice! I think the additional cracks on the wall behind the flute player add a lot, as they provide a more exciting setting. Now, please do not touch it :-)

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

This entire painting just works for me, but what especially is nice are all the areas of that mossy green on the posts and the building foundations/canal walls. This is a wonderful painting, but I would expect nothing else from you!

Dawn said...

I loved it before and love it now. Maybe I need an eye appointment too ;)

Paulette said...

Hi Sandy,
You have been doing some beautiful work!
The richness that you added to this drawing shows over the last post.