8/21/09

YUPO OLDIE

This is one of my much earlier YUPO paintings. In a couple of weeks, I'll be teaching a weekend workshop with YUPO, sharing many diverse techniques and processes that can be used when painting on this slick and wonderful surface.

The workshop's focus is on experimentation and discovery, and we'll be delving into lots of different mediums while we create one of a kind works of art. I'm really looking forward to having the studio full of artists brimming with their wonderful creative energies. We will have a great time, I know.

"DEEP BLUE SEA" Transparent Watercolor on YUPO, 13 x 13" COLLECTED

4 comments:

Dawn said...

wow Sandy! yupo and watercolor seem to go together so well, who would have thunk it?

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Love the look on the face of the fish in the bottom left!! Did'nt tell you those two practice floral YUPOs I had fun with earlier this year sold at a recent exhibition as a pair in Kings Lynn. Only wish I had added a note not to get the paintings wet or they will disappear!!!

Love the post of your art friend visits and so pleased you are progressing so well.

Wish I could attend your very special fun time workshop.

Jeanette Jobson said...

I have just discovered your blog and your art through another blog link. Its wonderful! I shall be back many times.

Good luck with your recovery. It sounds as if its going very well.

Ces Adorio said...

You have no idea how much your comment means to me! Thank you so much! I am laying off drawing just for a few weeks until I don't feel any discomfort at all. Thanks.

Oh but I I am still visiting my favorite bloggers on my sidebar.