11/23/08

ON SITE


Painting right on the spot outdoors can be fun, especially in a beautiful area. Carol and I found a cold stone bench near the shores of Lake Como and set up our art studio. We painted for several hours there, enjoying the swans on the lake and the people meandering through the 'shopping district' of Varenna.

This small, postcard sized painting included some pen and ink work to define it a bit more. I can still hear the tourists dragging their suitcases on the cobblestone walkways... clickity clack, clickity clack..... Inspiration was everywhere.
Hopefully someone can explain why my posts don't have the same color intensity as what I see in front of me before I download into the blogger network. Thanks for your help.

"LAKESIDE" Transparent Watercolor on 140#CP Fabriano Artistico, 5 x 7" COLLECTED

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Lovely, Sandy, and your memory of the place is special. I think blogger brightens everything because we're posting against a white white background? Maybe you could manipulate your painting photos a bit to be closer to real life?

Dawn said...

this is so lovely Sandy, what a great time you had!