2/23/08

WE WANT SPRING!

More snow today and ice too. It goes with the territory but somtimes I just have to whine about the weather. The older I get, the quicker I am ready for spring. Winter seems way too long this year, more than ever. (And then there's Tracy Wandling up in the dark, deep freeze of the Canadian wilderness. I better quit whining.)

The tulips here were lifted out of the wet, dark background - done quite a few years ago after taking a Cheng Khee Chee workshop at Kanuga south of Asheville, North Carolina.

Each spring, they have a wonderful creatively charged week of top notch watermedia instruction with up to a dozen instructors, all in a wooded setting by a lake. Each artist signs up for one instructor for four days. The evenings are packed with programs, and the energy there is awesome.

I haven't been able to go for two years and have really missed it. This April, I get to go back and will be in George James' class. YES! Hurry springtime.

"LIFTING OUR HEADS HIGH" Transparent Watercolor on 140#CP Arches, 22 x 15" SOLD

2 comments:

About said...

Oh go ahead a whine...winter is winter, wherever you are, and it IS way to long! lol
Michelle Himes posted a painting done with this technique too, and I just love it! So soft and ethereal...the dark passages really make the delicate flowers stand out...just fantastic.
We Want Spring Too!!!
Happy Painting!

Dawn said...

Lovely once again Sandy! I found crocus blooming in the garden this morning, spring is right around the corner!