10/10/07

WATERCOLOR SOCIETY OF INDIANA SHOW

This painting will hang the month of October at the Indianapolis Museum of Art in the Watercolor Society of Indiana's annual juried show. Received the WSI Member's Award. too:-) The show hangs just down the hall from a Rodin exhibit, so we're in good company. However, his sculptures are all from his 'Gates of Hell' series ..... pass through the 'Gates of Hell' to get to the art show. Hmmm...

After I painted the first Pescatorri painting (previous post), I wanted to zoom in on the people. This is only one of the three I've done of the very same subject with some compositional modifications each time. One's on YUPO and the third one was created using the Good White Shape process. I'll post them later. The painting here employs lots of layers of masking tape (eventually peeled off) along with transparent watercolor glazing techniques. I sure love making cool textures.

If you're in the area, make time to visit the Indianapolis Museum of Art - WORLD CLASS facility and grounds. I was SO impressed!

"PESCATORRI MORNING" on Arches 140# CP 18 x 24" *** WSI Members Award 2007

No comments: