11/25/09

TALKIN' TURKEY

Grandkids are such a blessing, and we have a nine year old and three six year olds who love to make art in the studio. This weekend, Ty decided he had to make a really BIG turkey and wanted a big piece of paper. The first masterpiece shown here is his, and it's 18 x 24". Isn't that huge bird just gorgeous with all those exquisite feathers!?! Awesome.

Paige's turkey shows her natural talent at making a fashion statement - on a turkey! She is very creative, especially with the way she made those incredible feathers float so gracefully around the turkey. She told me that I get to keep the painting, and I'll treasure it forever.

Jillian's turkey has the bluest eyes, just like hers, and the colors on each feather are so intense and striking. I love that smile, too. Notice the clever way she wrote her name. What a marvelous painting!

Brant gave me his art paper sculpture of a Native American Indian that he made at school. It will be part of our Thanksgiving decorations, too, and is already hanging above the table for everyone to enjoy.

Before these turkeys were created, the six year olds also made our place setting decorations for the holiday table. They'll be posted tomorrow. I just love children's art!





6 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

This came via an email from Marianne and had to printe3d here for the kids to see.... Thanks, Marianne:-)

"The turkeys are adorable!!!!

Jullian's just makes me smile. This should be on "Sunday Morning" for one of their Thanksgivings Turkey Suns.

Ty's is very detailed, very much like a real turkey. I love the feathers. He has really thought out his color choices. The breast feathers look they have much detail also. He he going to be an engineer?

I think Paige's is my favorite, if I had to pick a favorite. It looks like the turkey is blowing in the wind, with beautifully knit wool socks for feathers.

What a grand, creative time you had with them.

Thanks for sharing."

RH Carpenter said...

Beautiful turkeys and paper "sculpture" too - so many fine artists in your family, Sandy :) I can't choose a favorite - they are all wonderful and so different, showing each child's personality a bit :) Happy Thanksgiving!

A Brush with Color said...

These are amazingly beautiful! children are so creative--the best! Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Ann Buckner said...

What fun all of you had creating these turkeys. They are bright, cheerful and very expressive. Wishing you and yours a most Blessed Thanksgiving.

P. S. You are one incredible artist and meeting you via your blog has been an outstanding experience.

Cathy Gatland said...

I love these bright turkeys - each one so creative and individual. Great paper sculpture too. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Teresa said...

This is great. I have a Indian feather head band on my dresser.