10/30/13

BARCELONA PIGEONS

A statue of a Spanish dignitary seems very attentive to these two Catalonian pigeons.  This is a TAPE BATIK done on YUPO with Fluid Acrylics.  I had to paint it because it made me laugh when I saw them having their discussion with the robed figure in Barcelona.  This was one of the demos from our YUPO workshop a couple of weeks ago here in my studio, and lots of adjustments were made once the tape was removed.

"A Little Birdie Told Me"  Fluid Acrylics and Watercolor on YUPO  12 x 18"

10 comments:

AK said...

I am really intrigued how you do this. Will probably have to wait till you conduct a work shop in India!

Meera Rao said...

So much texture!!! Love the composition as well :)

Sadami said...

Wow, Sandy, this masterpiece is a demo! I've got to join your workshop!!
Best wishes, Sadami

Nancy Goldman said...

I would love to take one of your workshops. This technique looks very intriguing. Do you ever come out to the west coast?

Sandy Maudlin said...

Thanks, Nancy. I was just in Oregon in July and would be glad to hold a workshop in your area, too. Let me know if you can schedule one.

Michelle Himes said...

You do amazing things with Yupo, Sandy!

Michelle Himes said...

This one is wonderful, Sandy! There aren't too many artists whose work on Yupo impresses me, but yours usually blows me away. :)

Anonymous said...

This turned out simply FABULOSO! I still can't believe how quickly and intuitively you created it. Gorgeous!
Andrea

Jennifer Rose said...

the colours you have used are gorgeous!

AK said...

Wish I could take one of your workshops. Just love the texture on this work. Fabulous.