5/19/10

YUPO WORKSHOP near IU

Friday, after everything imaginable is packed in the van, I'll head to Bloomington, Indiana to give a YUPO workshop. It will be like a homecoming for me since I graduated from Indiana University there. It's such a beautiful city with the campus only a couple of blocks from the workshop, and they made a reservation for me in a lovely bed and breakfast - quite a treat for me. This YUPO painting of a Cincinnati gorilla is from the archives, created about ten years ago. It shows how texture and vivid colors get to show off so well on the slick YUPO surface.

There are twenty artists taking the workshop, and I'm so looking forward to seeing all the beauty they create. We'll be using watercolor on the YUPO, and the possibilities are endless. Check back next week for our results.

12 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

oh he's absolutely wonderful sandy ..enjoy the workshop

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Enjoy your trip and bonding with yet another group of artists. Can't wait to see what you bring out from them with your wonderful YUPO teachings.

Billie Crain said...

omg...I thought this was a photo when I saw the thumbnail! Amazing!

AK said...

Amazing texture. Amazing final effect.

Jeanette Jobson said...

This is a fabulous gorilla. The lighting is amazing in it.

The workshop sounds such fun. I'm envious. There are so few good and affordable workshops here its frustrating. I shall have to remedy that!

Enjoy your time and your art.

Christiane Kingsley said...

This is a wonderful painting, Sandy! The textures are fabulous.

The lucky artists to take that workshop. Enjoy and we will be waiting impatiently to see some photos:-)

Cynthia said...

This is such an amazingly beautiful piece...just amazing.
I wish I were there to take part in the workshop. Live on the other side of the world...will have to settle for your book!!!

A Brush with Color said...

Oh wow--fabulous! I'll bet that class will be great. Can't wait to hear about it soon...good luck!

Linnie said...

It was a wonderful workshop ... just way too short! Next time let's go for days.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Oh, I LOVE this piece, Sandy. It may be my most favorite of yours.

Looking forward to seeing the results of your workshop. I am sure you had a great time.

Michelle | Wall Stickers said...

I love the grooves in the scenery and the overall sweet picture. What a gentle animal :O)

Meera Rao said...

I love the emotion, textures and colors !! beautiful :)