9/3/09

LANDSCAPING

When I started painting in watercolor, we owned a landscaping business, so naturally painting plants became a high interest of mine. These delphiniums were one of my first commissions, from one of our landscape customers.

Dorie said that as a landscape designer, I had "painted" her yard on the outside with real trees, flowers and shrubs, and now she wanted to hire me to add flowers to walls on the inside of her house. I was intimidated but loved the challenge, too.

My next post will be the other painting completed for her home, which was again, delphiniums, but with a different feel. I rarely take on commissions anymore but enjoyed doing these for Dorie. She also seemed genuinely pleased with them.

"DORIE'S GARDEN" Transparent Watercolor on 140#CP Arches 17 x 30" COLLECTED

2 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Delphiniums are one of my favorites and your painting is lovely.

Christiane Kingsley said...

What a beautiful range of colors you achieved in this painting!
Christiane