9/8/09

BIRTHDAY SONG

This painting was created nearly fifteen years ago. This afternoon after class as I watched the hummers, chickadees, tufted titmice, and finches visit the feeders, I remembered this gold finch. He may be singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bob, one of the best artists I know. Today's his birthday, and I hope it's been grand!

Both the red tailed hawk and tufted titmouse YUPO paintings from a couple of weeks ago have been reworked. They'll soon be posted again to show the changes which really did help make the paintings more interesting.

Hope your September is as beautiful as ours is here. Our YUPO workshop is this Saturday and Sunday, and we have a full house. It will be two days packed with info and challenges. Can't wait.

"GOLDEN MOMENTS" Transparent Watercolor on 140#CP Arches, 11 x 15" COLLECTED

4 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Sandy, it does not matter when you painted a picture. Every work of yours is a masterpiece. I love LOVE your work.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Sandy,
I love the colors and the textures that you achieved in this painting.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Yes, September has heralded with lots of long days of sunshine and high temperatures here in the East of England. Good luck with the YUPO weekend workshops - wish I lived nearby. Loved the little bird YUPO and particularly the restricted palette.

Suzanne McDermott said...

I absolutely love this painting. Thanks for making such a beautiful piece!