8/17/09

FRIENDS

Recovery from surgery has been wonderfully easy, in part because of good friends who are willing to take the time to come visit me - and stay and paint for several hours:-D Sunday, Marianne and I painted until dark, and this is the 'thank you card' I painted for her. She'd sent fresh flowers on Friday (am I getting spoiled?) and this is just a part of the bouquet. There are yellow daisies, white delphinium, honey dew/melon colored gladiolus, along with spectacular sunflowers. Had to be painted.

Yesterday Linda and I painted together again - and she is really spoiling me (and I love it.) She'll be here soon along with Valerie and Jude. It should be a great day.

Mary Jane and Carol will be here tomorrow, and on Friday, Ritzie's coming over. Next Monday, Rhonda and I get to do a small road trip and also spend at least a couple of hours experimenting with new painting ideas. We may go wild, so look out!

Art certainly opens doors to friendships that would not occur otherwise. And those friendships are helping me get better really fast. Went up and down the steps a couple of times yesterday - NO PAIN! What a joy.

THANK YOU to all the people who have been so kind to send cards. You are a treasure to me. Thank you, friends, for caring and sharing life.

Now, I have to go pull on my super tight, fashionably white support stockings. Ugh!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

you deserve to be spoiled, so glad your recovery is going well.

have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear friend. The blog painting looks every bit as beautiful as the original. Glad you are doing so well with your recovery.
AAM

Chris Beck said...

Glad to hear you're doing so well, Sandy!!

Meera Rao said...

Glad to read that you are doing well. I like the subtle colors of the lighter flowers against the orange one!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Sandy, Best wishes for a continued uneventful and fast recovery! I absolutely agree with you regarding friendships within the communities of artists. I may never meet, in person, many of my solid friends I have found through this online art community; but they are friends, indeed!

Have fun with your painting dates while you recover, spoiled you are but spoiled deservedly....Susan

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

How uplifting, Sandy. I love this painting!!! Beautifully composed and the color harmony is so right. Glad you are feelin' the love :D

Sandy Maudlin said...

Thannkyou so much for your comments. Blogging is so great to keep connected , especially when you can't get out and about. Keep painting.