5/15/08

DEMO ALMOST FINISHED

This photo shows the new home of the Women's Art Club of Cincinnati, where I gave a watercolor demo last Saturday for the group. I started with this drawing, posted here, which was transferred onto a full sheet of translucent YUPO paper measuring 35" wide.

Before I began, I explained that the demo would rely heavily on intuitive painting, even though I had a clear drawing to start with. Part of the fun of painting on YUPO is having options to be able to completely change things at any point during the painting, and for this painting, I really took advantage of those options.
This painting is a work in progress, and I'll hopefully post the completed one tomorrow. (I take photos of my paintings outside in the shade on a sunny day, but it's been raining here for a couple of days. As soon as the sun shines, I can post the finished painting.) I think you'll be surprised at the changes.
The women were incredibly nice about my not finishing the painting during the demo. I'm looking forward to hearing what they think when they see the completed painting on the next post.
Work in Progress - THE NEW BARN
Transparent Watercolor on Translucent YUPO.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

looking good Sandy! cant wait for the weather to clear and see the finished painting.
If I waited for sunny days to take photos of my paintings, they would never be photographed.:)

sandy said...

I can already tell its' a winner. The comp and colors are great.

sandy